Here we are again, Anal August!
You may already know and love the joy of anal adventures, or you may be curious as to what the hype is all about. When I teach workshops on Anal Play, one of the biggest things we discuss is the harm in using any product that contains a numbing agent. Anal penetration is something you ease into- literally- and keep in mind, pain is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. When you use a numbing cream or spray or desensitizer, you’re running the risk of tears AND tears. (Read that part again.) It may help you through having anal sex, but you deserve pleasure. (READ MORE)
If the fear of potential “painal” is getting in the way of your fantasies, here’s what I’d recommend:
Take some time to learn how your body works on your own. This takes the pressure off to perform or achieve anything for anyone else.
Lube, Lube, Lube.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. When it comes to anal play, there is no such thing as too much lube. Lube goes on fingers, plugs, dildos, penises, anything you can (safely!) insert. Use a generous amount of lube on yourself as well as whatever is going inside you, and after initial penetration (slowly!) you’ll reapply.
Here are some great WSC lubrication options for anal play:
- Jelle – Our original water based anal lube, known for it’s thickness and cushion. This is perfect for beginners, and anal pros love it too.
- Ultra – Some folks (like me!) prefer a silicone lube, and Ultra is the very best. It has staying power and a smooth glide, plus for those who like to experiment with anal in the shower, it works really well in water. *Ultra is not for silicone toys, but is especially great for metal and glass plugs.
- simply Aqua Jelle – Propylene glycol and glycerine free, this clean formula stays exactly where you put it, and is great for all toy materials.
- simply Hybrid Jelle – Also propylene glycol and glycerine free, this is our thickest lube. A perfect blend of a water based gel and just enough silicone, our Hybrid Jelle gives you the best of both worlds- it’s long lasting and safe for toys.
Some anal lube pro tips:
- Some people love an added temperature sensation during anal play. If heat relaxes you, try Jelle Heat. If you prefer to cool things down, use our Jelle Chill. Start with small amounts and gradually add more as you choose. These are both water based, so if you change your mind, they’ll wash away easily with water.
- ANY of our flavors are great for rimming. Sweetened with Stevia, they’re all safe for oral, anal, or vaginal sex. Choose a few of your favorites and have a “guess the flavor” contest.
Take Your Time.
No one is an anal expert overnight. Not even the people you see in the movies. Go slow. Slower. You’ll feel your body begin to relax, and you’ll experience more pleasure.
If you are playing with someone else, make sure you’re checking in with one another before, during, and after. Talk about what you do or don’t enjoy throughout, and if something hurts or just isn’t enjoyable, change it up, go back a step, or just stop.
Remember- communicate, lubricate, and do what works for YOU.
Happy Anal August!
Share with your friends:
Subscribe to the Wicked Sensual Community Newsletter!